BEAUTY PIE Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and recognizing your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information or other personal information you share with us including any information about you or by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, photographs, birth date, gender, photographs, audio and video, occupation, personal interests, etc, (”Personal Information”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it.
In order to provide you with a wide range of services on the BeautyPie.com website (“Website”), we will sometimes collect information about you. When will use any Personal information Collected from the Website we do so in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
The Personal Information we collect and its use is further detailed below.Information We May Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:1. Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, video chat, text chat or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards, consultations, chats, webinars or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, gender, occupation, personal interests, financial information, personal description and photograph.2. Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, demographic information (e.g., age or gender, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website. We may also collect information about you such as your communication preferences.
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
You should be aware that as our Website is being monitored, we may collect this information even if you do not register with us and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
We use information held about you in the following ways:1. Information you give to us
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us and in order to process your registration and process any requests;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or searched for;
- in order to grant you access to the online services, monitor your usage of our Website and services, and/or participation in online activities including reviews, testimonials or endorsements;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of previous searches. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our products or services and to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. re that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.Sharing Of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with: any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and selected third parties including, where applicable:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Beauty Pie or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Beauty Pie, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In jurisdictions where we are permitted to do so, we may share your personal information with our affiliates and any partners from time to time who may work with, and we may contract with third party companies, sub-contractors, service providers, agents or other persons to provide certain services data management, web development, promotional services, etc (”Service Providers”). We call them our Service Providers and we shall be entitled to provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
From time to time we may provide your Personal Information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve our Website, online experience, products or services (or as the case may be) we provide. We or our Service Providers may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone (or as required) to ask you for your feedback and comments on our Website, products or services.Cookies
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our Website.
Beauty Pie does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children and minors. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be knowingly allowed to register for any service on our Website or in any service on our Website.
If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on our Website or send any Personal Information to us. This is information about you, including your name, e-mail or home address, house telephone number, mobile number or other contact details. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to our Website or receive any services on Beauty Pie Website.
In the event that we become aware or informed that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Minors of 13 years old or older should make sure that they ask their parents or guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet including to Beauty Pie.Security Statement
We employ industry-standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In addition, we utilize a licensed system for credit card authorization and fraud detection. We use industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Information collected by Beauty Pie will be maintained for a length of time appropriate to our needs.Promotional Information
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you will have to provide your name, email address and mailing address and if you win, we will send the prize to the contact address or details provided. As part of entry into a prize draw, competition, contest or other promotion on our Website, you may choose to be included in our Beauty Pie newsletter or subscription list to receive notice of or information on new or updated products, marketing materials, promotions, specials and new additions to our Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.Your Consent
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.Access to Information
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to us at: Beauty Pie Limited, The Foundry, 2 Smith Square, 77 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8AF, UK
You can also review and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choses. Please see below for more information.Your Feedback
Information we collect
We collect the following categories of personal information when you use our services:
- Category A: Identifiers, such as name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))., such as gender
- Category D: Commercial information, such as records of products purchased, obtained or considered by you
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity, such as search history, length of your interaction with our website, page views, date and time stamps etc.
- Category G: Geolocation data such as your location if you have configured your device to permit us to see this
- Category H: Sensory data, such as voice recordings if you call us and permit us to record the call, if permitted by law
- Category K: Inferences, such as your preferences
The section titled “Information we may collect from you” above sets out the sources of this information.
Use of personal informations
The section titled “Use we will make of your personal information” above sets out in detail the business purposes for which we make use of personal information.
Sharing personal informations
The section titled “Sharing of your information” above sets out in detail the business purposes for which we may disclose personal information. We have not sold such personal information in the past 12 months.
The section titled “Use we will make of your personal information” sets out in detail the business purposes for which we make use of personal information.
Your CCPA rights and choices
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. These rights include the right to access or delete certain of your personal information, as detailed below.
You can exercise the below rights by contacting us on email@example.com or via phone on 866-329-9580 (toll free). Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.1. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability
You have the right to request that Beauty Pie discloses certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that Beauty Pie deletes any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Under the CCPA you have the right to opt-out of having your personal information sold. However at Beauty Pie, we do not sell your personal information.Non Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.